- Work closely with the engineering manager, sales managers and customers through all stages of the project until completion.
- Coordinate customer projects with the customer and Schubert internally.
- Understand customer needs and Schubert’s capabilities.
- Ensure project fulfillment tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Prepare a project plan and monitor this plan to ensure milestones are met.
- Meet financial objectives by working with project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions if necessary.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, prepare action plans, achieve positive conflict resolution with customer.
- Handle change management and keep track of variations.
- Travel to customer sites within North America, as well as, to Schubert’s head office in Germany.
- Preparation of PO’s and supporting documents for Schubert Germany, develop and maintain schedules for each individual project to identify when specific tasks will be performed and to ensure projects meet timeline expectations
- Regularly prepare progress reports and communicate with stakeholders
- Organize, schedule, attend and document factory acceptance tests (FAT)
- Organization of the installation and commissioning of site acceptance tests (SAT) together with the customer
- Effectively resolve technical, timing and any other issues which may arise during the course of the project
- Support customers with technical questions
- Multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time
- Build trust and relationships between customer and Schubert
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in a project management role, primarily managing capital
- Ability to read machine schematics and detailed technical documents.
- Experience in change management.
- Proven time and cost management skills.
- Strong organizational management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enabling proper and professional communication skills on all levels.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including MS Project and CAD software.
- Excellent conflict-resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in working with customers within the Industrial marketplace.
- Ability to manage projects independently, while still acting as a team-player.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- PMP certification or similar.
- Technical understanding of packaging machinery and the packaging industry.
- Experience in the packaging equipment field.
- German language skills.
Job location: Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Schubert North America offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We
foster a fulfilling workplace for employees, create an environment for continuous
learning and embrace the ideas of others. By choice, we are committed to a
diverse workforce. Schubert is an equal opportunity employer – Minorities/Female/
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards
to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status,
protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other legally protected status.
Schubert North America LLC
8848 Red Oak Boulevard, Suite H
Charlotte, NC 28217 | USA