Top Load Carton erecting
Laser marking of individual cartons, together with labelling with read-back and data management
Single carton with tamper-evident features incorporated into design
Schubert-Pharma supplied the customer with a top-load cartoner with integrated functions for erecting, loading and closing shipping cartons.
The packaging specialist distinguished itself with its product tracking feature as well as its carton design.
Schubert-Pharma designed this top-load cartoner with integrated shipping cartoner for the Abbott pharmaceutical group (formerly known as Solvay). A unique highlight is the product tracking implemented in the machine, which manages the data for the Italian labels applied.
Together with the customer, Schubert-Pharma implemented all of the packaging materials, including carton design, as a complimentary service alongside machine delivery. Schubert-Pharma placed a special focus on maximum product safety in the development of cartons and boxes: tamper-evident features became one of the box’s design elements.
- Project management including all preparation and related services
- Development of the carton design with tamper-evident features
- Variety of machine functions
- Accessible design in spite of machine length
- Implemented product tracking with data management for applied Italian labels
The packaging solution for up to 330 syringes per minute essentially consists of the following steps and functions:
- The syringes are buffered, or pre-grouped, for the cartoning process and continuously fed into the machine.
- Three F2 robots, equipped with erecting tools, guide the flat carton blanks past gluing nozzles, push them through the erecting tools and place them on the vacuum transport slides.
- In the filling section of the compact system, leaflets and syringes are inserted into the packaging cartons.
- Two F2 robots, equipped with closing tools, glue the attached carton lids to the longer side of the packaging cartons.
- After labelling and printing the packages, they are packed into shipping cartons.
- High-performance cartoner for up to 330 syringes per minute
- Integrated shipping cartoner
- Close to 180 servomotors in operation, controlled by the Schubert VMS packaging machine control system